Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by wrobell <wr...@posexperts.com.pl> on 2001/02/15 17:06:13 UTC

interaction with user

Using Cocoon XSP technology I want to generate some reports
from my database. I am wondering if there is possible to
make some interaction with user.

I would like to say user the status of report generation, i.e.
"getting data", "processing data 5%", "processing data 40%",
"preparing to send".

Should I make it with:
- threads in XSP page? (one thread for generating report data,
  another to send report status; is it possible? if answer is
  yes how to force user agent to load document with new status
  indicator?)
- create some classes which should derive from another (which one?)
  and plug them into cocoon?

If there exists such possibility, then can I create the status
page with some kind of "Cancel" button so user could break
report generation?

I went through documentation, FAQ and searched the web
and I have found no answer. I am blind and dumb or it is
quite new problem.

Please note, that I am quite new to JSP and Cocoon.

  wrobell <wr...@posexperts.com.pl>