Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Sreenath Somarajapuram <ss...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/12/01 07:57:58 UTC

[DISCUSS] Tez UI Ember 2.0 migration

Hi All,

As many of you know, Tez UI is build over a JavaScript application framework named Ember js.
The framework version that we use currently (1.7) is getting obsolete. So was wondering about migrating UI code to the latest (2.2) version.
Please share your thoughts on the same.

Cheers,
Sreenath

Re: [DISCUSS] Tez UI Ember 2.0 migration

Posted by Sreenath Somarajapuram <sr...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

This mail is to notify that branch TEZ-2980 was created, and all the
changes made to the branch would be tracked under TEZ-2980.
The changes would reside under a new module named tez-ui2 under tez
directory.

As conveyed in the previous mail, the plan is to go for a "commit and then
review approach². A complete review would happen at the end, and the
branch would be merged back to master on getting 3 +1s.

Thanks,
Sreenath

Posted by Sreenath Somarajapuram <sr...@apache.org>.
Hi,