Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Zaleski, Matthew (M.E.)" <mz...@ford.com> on 2006/08/08 22:27:12 UTC

0.92beta and keep-with-next / keep-with-previous

I'm currently switching my development code to use 0.92 instead of 0.25.
I'm very pleased with overall layout and some nagging issues I had with
tables in 0.25 (corrected in 0.92).  I've only had a few hiccups so far
getting rid of non-conformances (fo:table-cells without a child
fo:block) and other backing out workarounds I was doing in 0.25.

One feature that seems to be still under development is the
keep-with-next / keep-with-previous attributes.  From the conformance
table on the FOP website it wasn't clear if those attributes works on
*any* of the table features.  Is that a correct conclusion?  Is there a
work-around to hold a table together and not get broken across pages?

Matthew Zaleski

Re: 0.92beta and keep-with-next / keep-with-previous

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Aug 8, 2006, at 22:27, Zaleski, Matthew (M.E.) wrote:

Hi,

> One feature that seems to be still under development is the
> keep-with-next / keep-with-previous attributes.  From the conformance
> table on the FOP website it wasn't clear if those attributes works on
> *any* of the table features.  Is that a correct conclusion?

Not entirely. From what I could dig up in the archives, keep-together
and keep-with-next should work on table nodes... It's only keep-with-
previous that has the mentioned restriction.

> Is there a work-around to hold a table together and not get broken
> across pages?

See above. Chances are you may not need a workaround.

At any rate: if you're using the table only as the 0.20.5 workaround
for keep-together, then you might consider switching to a block
structure.

HTH!

Cheers,

Andreas