Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Denis Cossutta <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/09 16:04:09 UTC

Application versioning

I have multiple version of an application and i would like to switch from
one to the other in a transparent way. This means that i would like to
access it always through the same url ( localhost/myapp ), but pointing to
myapp-1.1, or myapp-1.2 etc. etc.

Thanks

Re: Application versioning

Posted by te...@silvanoc.com.
Hi Denis,

        I think you just need to properly config your Context node in
server.xml. You can specify on one hand the context (that is, the text
after "localhost/" in the URL) and the location (that is, where your app
actually is). Changing location while keeping context will make you serve
different versions on same URL (or even different apps, up to you ;-)).

HTH,
Abraham

Abraham Marín Pérez <te...@silvanoc.com>
Responsable de I+D
SILVANO CONSULTORES
Tfno.: 93.412.79.12 -- Fax: 93.410.92.90
http://www.silvanoc.com/

"Denis Cossutta" <de...@gmail.com>
09/06/2008 16:04
Por favor, responda a "Tomcat Users List"

        Para:   users@tomcat.apache.org
        cc:
        Asunto: Application versioning