Posted to dev@concerted.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2015/10/19 21:49:50 UTC

First release

I have just logged https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONCERTED-7 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONCERTED-7>, “First release”.

In my opinion, projects wait far too long before making their first release. You will make several releases during incubation and will learn a lot each time. It is NOT necessary to have functioning product (or documentation, or automated test suite) before making a release. Early and often!

Julian

Re: First release

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for creating it, Julian.

I have created a wiki page for tracking when we can tag first release and
also the checklist of steps to be performed. It will be great help if you
could provide your inputs please.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CONCERTED/First+Release+Info

Regards,

Atri

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 1:19 AM, Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> wrote:

> I have just logged https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONCERTED-7 <
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONCERTED-7>, “First release”.
>
> In my opinion, projects wait far too long before making their first
> release. You will make several releases during incubation and will learn a
> lot each time. It is NOT necessary to have functioning product (or
> documentation, or automated test suite) before making a release. Early and
> often!
>
> Julian

Atri
*l'apprenant*