Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/22 18:26:15 UTC

rebase 0.8 to trunk changes

Hey folks, I am finally getting around to starting to get changes that have
gone to trunk since the 0.8 branch and last rebase committed into the 0.8
branch.  I will also have time when done to keep helping with 0.8 and other
things.

So my plan of attack right now (please comment/change if necessary)

1) take the trunk changes that I am making to the branch, create a patch
and post in the original JIRA ticket with rebase0.8 in the filename

if the changes are not very hairy then

2) I will just commit that patch to the 0.8 branch since they were already
reviewed and committed to trunk

or if they are hairy because of wire or related changes

2) I will post my thoughts/questions of what the patch should be or even
what the patch might be (as I might not be comfortable introducing the
change) and wait in on the original JIRA

I will keep track (thinking maybe even in a JIRA) of the changes from where
I start as I expect more things to keep going to the trunk so we can have 1
rebase branch JIRA for the changes and relate each trunk ticket as I get to
it in this rebase JIRA

/*
Joe Stein
http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc
*/

Re: rebase 0.8 to trunk changes

Posted by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com>.
+1 to that

SyncProducer changes are pretty hairy

--

/*

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1 on double commit.

Jun

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com>.

--

/*

Posted by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com>.
Jun,

--

/*

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Joe,

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Joe,

That would be great. The biggest change in trunk to be merged in is
probably KAFKA-249, where we added the support for subscribing to topics
matching a regex.