Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Graham Anderson <gr...@siren.cc> on 2006/07/01 00:01:36 UTC

Commit trouble with a remote server

Hi

I can checkout my repository on the remote server, but can not seem
to commit    ...how like life

When I try to commit, my terminal hangs ....with the below:
--This line, and those below, will be ignored--

A    index.php
~
~
.
.
."svn-commit.3.tmp" 4L, 65C

What I've done so far:

I created a user, svn, and put the respository in  /home/svn/repository

Created the 'userfile' text file password-db seems to need
The users are the usernames and passwords of the local svn users
[users]
user1  = pass1
user2 = pass2

Edited svn.conf to point to the above userfile
### Uncomment the line below to use the default password file.
   password-db = ./userfile

what else is necessary ?
I also tried adding remote svn user and password to the userfile....

many thanks

Re: Commit trouble with a remote server

Posted by Graham Anderson <gr...@siren.cc>.
Also, I checked out the remote repository with:
svn checkout svn://www.mysite.com/home/svn/repository/myproject/
trunk    web_projects/myproject

many thanks

Posted by Graham Anderson <gr...@siren.cc>.
thanks

I put in the 'Export' and added the shell script, editor.sh
After issuing the command, svn commit, Textwrangler opens
successfully...and I enter  , --message "the is my first commit , on
the first line of the TextWrangler doc
I closed the TexWrangler document and then the terminal received
focus again....

So now that I have arrived at Step 2, I am getting 'authorization'
errors in the Terminal.

subversion/libsvn_client/commit.c:873: (apr_err=170001)
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
subversion/svnserve/serve.c:433: (apr_err=170001)
svn: Authorization failed
subversion/clients/cmdline/util.c:407: (apr_err=170001)
svn: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
subversion/clients/cmdline/util.c:407: (apr_err=170001)
svn:    '/Users/robert/Sites/web_projects/mysite/mysite-commit.tmp'

If I CAN checkout, but NOT commit, svnserve must be handling the
authorization of these events differently ?

what could be the difference ?

many thanks for your help :)

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by Graham Anderson <gr...@siren.cc>.
I amended my script to:
robert$ svn commit --message "this is my first commit"

And got:
subversion/libsvn_client/commit.c:873: (apr_err=170001)
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
subversion/svnserve/serve.c:433: (apr_err=170001)
svn: Authorization failed

could this problem be an "os x" thing ?
I am running os x [working copy]  locally and unix [the repository]
remotely

or, could this have something to do with:
http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#ssh-svnserve-location

many thanks

Posted by "Jeroen N. Witmond" <jn...@xs4all.nl>.