Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "Goldstein, Joel" <jo...@eccelerate.com> on 2000/06/07 18:01:42 UTC

javac dependencies

When using javac from the command line and combining sourcepath and
classpath it will compile dependencies if the class files do not exist or
are out of date.
I can't seem to be able to do this using the javac task for ant. Is it at
all possible? if yes how is it done? I tried using the sourcedir and
classpath but this doesn't seem to do it. any help would be appreciated
thanks
Joel Goldstein
Joel@eccelerate.com

RE: javac dependencies

Posted by Vitaly Stulsky <vi...@yahoo.com>.
> When using javac from the command line and combining sourcepath and
> classpath it will compile dependencies if the class files do not exist or
> are out of date.
> I can't seem to be able to do this using the javac task for ant. Is it at
> all possible? if yes how is it done? I tried using the sourcedir and
> classpath but this doesn't seem to do it. any help would be appreciated
> thanks

I posted patch for the dependency tracking in javac taskdef a month or two ago,
also Conor MacNeil wrote the similar thing, but using separate taskdef.
Search e-mail archive for this patches or if you cannot post your
request here or directly to me and I'll send you both of this patches.

Vitaly
mailto:Stulsky@bigfoot.com

http://im.yahoo.com