Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de> on 2006/11/24 18:24:22 UTC

Release manager?

All,

if we want to cut a release early next year, we need to get all our
ducks in a row.  My impression from following incubator-general is that
getting the release right is a *lot* of work.  It is common practice in
Apache projects to have a release manager that takes care of getting the
technical details right, and we should start thinking of having one as
well (this is not a permanent job by any means, and can change from
release to release).

I'll volunteer to be the release manager for the first release, but if
somebody else wants to do it, please do not hesitate to say so.  I would
not be unhappy to let somebody else have this job ;-)

--Thilo

Re: Release manager?

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On 11/24/06, Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de> wrote:

> I'll volunteer to be the release manager for the first release

+1

-Adam

Re: Release manager?

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Thilo Goetz wrote:
> All,
>
> if we want to cut a release early next year, we need to get all our
> ducks in a row.  My impression from following incubator-general is
> that getting the release right is a *lot* of work.  It is common
> practice in Apache projects to have a release manager that takes care
> of getting the technical details right, and we should start thinking
> of having one as well (this is not a permanent job by any means, and
> can change from release to release).
>
> I'll volunteer to be the release manager for the first release, but if
> somebody else wants to do it, please do not hesitate to say so.  I
> would not be unhappy to let somebody else have this job ;-)
>
> --Thilo

+1

-- Michael

Re: Release manager?

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Thilo Goetz wrote:
You're welcome to this job :-)  from my point of view.

-Marshall