Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by David Patterson <pa...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/18 14:22:28 UTC

Question about support for PDF Portfolios

I understand that full support for Portfolios is due in the future.

I have been able to detect if a PDF is a Collection, and this seems to be
true for files I know to be Portfolios.

Is there support or a workaround to be able to determine what files are
inside a Portfolio? I do not want to create such a file, only read and
extract the contents from it or them.

Thanks.

Dave Patterson

Re: Question about support for PDF Portfolios

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
> Am 18.04.2017 um 17:04 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Am 18.04.2017 um 16:22 schrieb David Patterson <pa...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> I understand that full support for Portfolios is due in the future.
>>
>> I have been able to detect if a PDF is a Collection, and this seems to be
>> true for files I know to be Portfolios.
>>
>> Is there support or a workaround to be able to determine what files are
>> inside a Portfolio? I do not want to create such a file, only read and
>> extract the contents from it or them.
>
> the Information about the Collection itself can be found in
>
> 	Root/Collection.
>
> The files being part of such collection are in
>
> 	Root/Names/EmbeddedFiles/Names
>
> The easiest would be to open a sample PDF with the PDFDebugger and browse through the structure.

There is also the ExtractEmbeddedFiles.java sample in the pdfbox-examples package which will do the extraction and provide a start for further customization.

BR
Maruan

Posted by David Patterson <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I was able to use the code in the ExtractEmbeddedFiles sample to
read the individual PDFs that make up a Portfolio document.

Dave Patterson

Posted by David Patterson <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,