Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Richard Hillegas <rh...@comcast.net> on 2015/09/14 15:58:40 UTC

[VOTE] 10.12.1.0 release

Please test-drive the 10.12.1.0 candidate, then vote on whether to
accept it as a Derby release. The candidate lives at:

   http://people.apache.org/~rhillegas/10.12.1.0/

The polls close at 5:00 pm San Francisco time on Monday, October 5.

10.12.1.0 is a feature release, described in greater detail here:
https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenTwelveOneRelease

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

Regards,
-Rick

Re: [VOTE] 10.12.1.0 release

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@gmail.com>.
On 9/15/15 3:54 AM, pif wrote:
> in RELEASE-NOTES.html
>   Support for Java SE 6 and Java SE 7 is being sunsetted.
> The 10.12 release family supports the following Java and JDBC versions:
>
>      Java SE 6 [should be 8, because SE6 no longer supported see above] and
> higher with JDBC 4.2.
>      Java SE 8 compact profile 2.
Hi Frank,

What that paragraph intends to convey is this:

o The sunsetting of support for Java 6 and 7 begins with this notice in
the 10.12 release notes. 10.12 itself will still support those platforms.

o But 10.12 is the last release family which will support those
platforms. Starting with 10.13, Derby will no longer support Java 6 and 7.

Hope that clarifies what the release notes mean to say.

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: [VOTE] 10.12.1.0 release

Re: [VOTE] 10.12.1.0 release

Posted by Richard Hillegas <rh...@comcast.net>.
-1

When building the docs from the source distribution, the copyright year
is wrong (2014) and the version number is wrong (10.11).

But please continue to go through the release checklist at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwelveOneChecklist and record test
results at http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwelveOnePlatformTesting

I plan to fix the defects which we identify and then generate a new
release candidate next weekend.

Thanks,
-Rick