Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Mustafa Ali, Halgurt" <Mu...@docomolab-euro.com> on 2003/10/28 14:36:29 UTC

MS Access with cocoon

Hallo,

I want to bind ms access with cocoon, can someone tell me please which
jdbc version do I have to use? Is ms sql = ms access?

Thanks for help,
Halgurt

Re: AW: MS Access with cocoon

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Markus Heussen dijo:

Hi Markus:

Can you change the config of your mail client to does not post our mail
address?

Check here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=106735640325627&w=2

For sure, I will got spam for this web page :-(

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo-

AW: MS Access with cocoon

Posted by Markus Heussen <he...@rheinland-online.com>.
Try

<jdbc logger="{logger}" name="{connectionName}">
	<pool-controller max="50" min="15"/>
	<auto-commit>true</auto-commit>
	<dburl>jdbc:odbc:{nameOfSystemDSN}</dburl>
	<user>{user}</user>
	<password>{password}</password>
</jdbc>

{nameOfSystemDSN} has to be configured in you windows datasource management
under system properties pointing to your access database.

Markus

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Mustafa Ali, Halgurt dijo:
> Hallo,
>
> I want to bind ms access with cocoon, can someone tell me please which
> jdbc version do I have to use? Is ms sql = ms access?

Nope. MS SQL and MS Access are 2 diferent beasts, but with the same parent
:-D

For info about how connect a database see:

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=SpecificDatabaseConnection

I noted there is no info for MS Access, but I guess you can use the
JDBC-ODBC connector that is shipped with J2SDK.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: MS Access with cocoon

Posted by go...@osmosis.gr.