Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Jörg Schad <jo...@mesosphere.io> on 2017/06/27 13:38:08 UTC

Ubuntu version for Apache Mesos Docker images

Dear community,
the current Mesos Docker image (provided by Mesosphere here:
https://hub.docker.com/r/mesosphere/mesos/) are currently based on Ubuntu
14.04.

Given that 14.04 is rather old, we would like to switch to 16.04 as a
default base image.

Any concerns or comments?
Kapil & Joerg

Re: Ubuntu version for Apache Mesos Docker images

Posted by Qian Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
Ubuntu seems a relatively big image, have we considered a more lightweight
one, e.g., alpine?

Regards,
Qian Zhang

Posted by Qian Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.