Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Nick Rapagnani <nr...@pscinfogroup.com> on 2004/10/19 17:19:52 UTC

File Upload

I have the Oreilly book 'Java Servlet Programming'.  I want to use the File Upload library he offers.

Some info.
I am using tomcat 4.X.
I have changed to root context from Tomcat\webapps\root to \\wwwroot\www.website1.com

This is what I;ve done so far:

I downloaded 'cos-05Nov2002.zip' from the www.servlet.com <http://www.servlet.com/>  website.
I unzipped it.
I copied the cos.jar file to \common\lib.
I put the upload.war file in my webapp directory.
I restarted tomcat.

Now what?  I know nothing about wars.  What url do I type to try this out?  I want to make a subfolder on www.website2.com <http://www.website2.com/>  called fileupload.  So I want the url to be www.website2.com/fileupload.  How do I set this up?

All help is appreciated.

Re: File Upload

Posted by Ben Souther <bs...@fwdco.com>.
You do realize this is a mailing list for Jakarta Commons components,
including "commons fileupload", right?