Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Turner, John" <JT...@AAS.com> on 2002/07/15 15:47:55 UTC

RE: Tomcat & MySQL Run On Read-Only Media ..(off-topic)

Here are two:

http://www.virtual-linux.org/
http://www.demolinux.org/

I've seen demoLinux...it was pretty cool.  Couldn't do much, but there's no
reason why you couldn't burn a custom CD with both the Linux distro and the
web application on it.

You'd not only have to setup a database in RAM, you'd also have to do your
logging in RAM, or turn your logging off, as well as tell tomcat to create
it's work directories in RAM.  Possible, I think, but certainly not trivial.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com
http://www.aas.com