Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by David Spencer <Da...@micromuse.com> on 2003/03/01 00:10:39 UTC

[ANN] Sample code to index an IMAP message store

I've written what I'd like to donate as example code to the project.
I'm not on the list to have CVS write permissions, so if one of the power
users agrees then please put this into the sandbox.

This code indexes the mail in an IMAP message store.
By default it reads all email from an IMAP server and forms an index.
Yes, I know IMAP supports searching: this is for those who want uniform
Lucene
indexes for all data.
The code is a main() driver + the indexing code.
It is not a full app like Zoe -- the intent is to help build out the
indexing of data sources in Lucene.

The source file, sample output, syntax, and a description of the fields
in the index are
here:

http://www.tropo.com/techno/java/lucene/imap.html

Enjoy - oh - and I'd like to know if anyone actually uses this.
It works fine for me but noone else has tested it.

 Dave

My previous contribution is here:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-lucene-sandbox/contributions/WordNet/src/java/org/apache/lucene/wordnet/