Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Gabor Kaszab <ga...@apache.org> on 2022/10/18 09:48:31 UTC

[DISCUSS] Impala 4.2.0 release

Hey,

Our last minor release, 4.1.0 has been released a while ago in June and
there have been many new changes since then including ones related to
Iceberg and complex types support apart from a lot of bug fixes.

I propose that we release 4.2.0 soon and would like to know if there is
anyone volunteering to be the release manager.
I'm interested to hear what the community thinks about doing a
release. All feedback is welcome!

PS.: This is not a VOTE thread but only a DISCUSS thread.

Cheers,
Gabor

Re: [DISCUSS] Impala 4.2.0 release

Posted by Gabor Kaszab <ga...@apache.org>.
Hi All,
Thanks for the feedback! And thanks for volunteering, Daniel!
As there was no one against a 4.2 release I think we can get the process
going.

Cheers,
Gabor

Posted by Zoltán Borók-Nagy <bo...@cloudera.com>.