Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by rammohan ganapavarapu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/03 19:35:42 UTC

Re: ambari-server setup on amazon linux if failing

Hi

I am trying to setup ambari server on amazon linux but i am getting below
error, does ambari works for amazon linux?

###
ambari-server setup
Using python  /usr/bin/python2
Setup ambari-server
Checking SELinux...
SELinux status is 'disabled'
Customize user account for ambari-server daemon [y/n] (n)? y
Enter user account for ambari-server daemon (root):
Adjusting ambari-server permissions and ownership...
Checking firewall status...
Checking JDK...
[1] Oracle JDK 1.8 + Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Policy Files 8
[2] Oracle JDK 1.7 + Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Policy Files 7
[3] Custom JDK
Enter choice (1): 3
WARNING: JDK must be installed on all hosts and JAVA_HOME must be valid on
all hosts.
WARNING: JCE Policy files are required for configuring Kerberos security.
If you plan to use Kerberos,please make sure JCE Unlimited Strength
Jurisdiction Policy Files are valid on all hosts.
Path to JAVA_HOME: /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk.x86_64
Validating JDK on Ambari Server...done.
Completing setup...
Configuring database...
Enter advanced database configuration [y/n] (n)?
Configuring database...
Default properties detected. Using built-in database.
Configuring ambari database...
Checking PostgreSQL...
Configuring local database...
Connecting to local database...done.
Configuring PostgreSQL...
ERROR: Unexpected OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
For more info run ambari-server with -v or --verbose option
Exception TypeError: TypeError("'NoneType' object is not callable",) in
<bound method FileInput.__del__ of <fileinput.FileInput instance at
0x23516c8>

###

Re: ambari-server setup on amazon linux if failing

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
The bug is marked for 2.2.2. The exact time for that release is not yet known. 2.2.1 was announced just recently.

________________________________
Posted by rammohan ganapavarapu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Guys,

Posted by rammohan ganapavarapu <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by rammohan ganapavarapu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Guys,

Posted by rammohan ganapavarapu <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
Can you try

For more info run ambari-server with -v or --verbose option?

and see exactly where it is failing?

Posted by rammohan ganapavarapu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Any help guys?