Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2008/06/08 06:33:04 UTC

WARNING: About trunk commits

Hi all,

We need to be a bit careful while performing commits on the apacheds,
shared, daemon and installers trunks.  It was rather painful to merge back
changes from the trunk because of so much divergence so it's a good idea to
minimize commits to only what's required.  If possible manually apply fixes
to both bigbang and trunks because I will not be doing a merge from now on.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: WARNING: About trunk commits

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We need to be a bit careful while performing commits on the apacheds,
> shared, daemon and installers trunks.  It was rather painful to merge back
> changes from the trunk because of so much divergence so it's a good idea to
> minimize commits to only what's required.  If possible manually apply fixes
> to both bigbang and trunks because I will not be doing a merge from now on.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

To give a little bit more insight, we will soon release a 1.5.3 (trunk)
and then switch bigbang to trunk (the last switch !) which will become
1.5.4-SNAPSHOT. Then bigbang will die, as the big refactoring will be
over, and we will be able to calmly move to 2.0 :)

For any bugfix on trunk, the best would be to apply the fix to bigbang,
until 1.5.3 is out.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny