Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joel Rees <jo...@alpsgiken.gr.jp> on 2002/07/01 03:59:29 UTC

Re: Tomcat & Apache no success,

> Im having problems getting Apache to work with Tomcat.  AS in,,
> are they supposed to both go on Port 80

I don't think so. It seems to me like I remember something about putting
tomcat up at 8080 or so when having apache front-end the non-java stuff.

If you want to run tomcat standalone at port 80, I recall that it
should be possible, but probably not on the same machine as one already
running apache at port 80. (I think the point of conflict is the domain,
so if you set your machine to run virtual domains, that might work, but
I doubt it is what you want.)

--
Joel Rees <jo...@alpsgiken.gr.jp>