Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Patric Lichtensteiger <pl...@wbe.ch> on 2000/10/18 10:02:42 UTC

apache and password areas...?

hi there,

as much as i know, i can use .htaccess and .htpasswd to create some password secured areas which are managed by the apache server. but how can i check (with a servlet or jsp), who's logged in and who's not? can i handle some user settings like an account with these methods...?

hope that anyone could help me...
thanx
patric

Re: apache and password areas...?

Posted by Carlos Ramirez <ra...@roses.bna.boeing.com>.
Check the environment variable: REMOTE_USER This variable holds the the
username as the value. If this
is not set, then the visitor has not been authenticated.

-Carlos

Patric Lichtensteiger wrote:

>  hi there, as much as i know, i can use .htaccess and .htpasswd to
> create some password secured areas which are managed by the apache
> server. but how can i check (with a servlet or jsp), who's logged in
> and who's not? can i handle some user settings like an account with
> these methods...? hope that anyone could help me...thanxpatric

Carlos Ramirez + Boeing + Reusable Space Systems + 714.372.4181
-- Don't make me use uppercase