Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Raghavendra K <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/15 07:48:44 UTC

libhdfs working for test program when run from ant but failing when run individually

Hi,
  My apologies for bugging the forum again and again.
I am able to get the sample program for libhdfs working. I followed these
steps.

---> compiled using ant
---> modified the test-libhdfs.sh to include CLASSPATH, HADOOP_HOME,
HADOOP_CONF_DIR, HADOOP_LOG_DIR, LIBHDFS_BUILD_DIR (since I ran
test-libhdfs.sh individually and dint invoke it from ant)
---> The program ran succesfully and was able to write, read and all.

Now I copy the same program to a different directory and use the same
Makefile(used by ant) and modified the variables accordingly. Used make test
compiled successfully
Used the same test-libhdfs.sh to invoke hdfs_test, but now it fails saying
Segmentation Fault.
I dont know where it is going wrong.
Cant libhdfs be compiled without using ant? I want to test it and integrate
libhdfs with my program
Please do reply and help me out as this is driving me crazy.
Thanks in advance.

Raghavendra K

Re: libhdfs working for test program when run from ant but failing when run individually

Posted by Raghavendra K <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
The following "segmentation fault" still exists.
I re wrote my application to use ant, but when I integrate it with libhdfs
it fails saying "segmentation fault" and "exiting with 139".
Please do help, as I have already spent a lot of time on re writing my
application to use hadoop and this one fails for no reason.

Posted by Raghavendra K <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ar...@yahoo-inc.com>.