Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by k2...@engmail.uwaterloo.ca on 2004/03/22 16:44:26 UTC

Re: Tomcat Deployment Question

Hi Shapira,

thanks so much for your help! right now, i've edited my web.xml file but my
applet still can't make the connection to the servlet.

3 addition questions:

1. I would need to open an URL connection in my applet to the servlet...
what URL would I give it?  ie how do i make the connection from my applet to
the servlet in my applet code.  right now i have:
URL servletURL = new URL(this.getDocumentBase(),
"WEB-INF/classes/webblowwebapp1/BlowDesignServlet");

but i'm getting the error: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://127.0.0.1:8080/WebBlow1/WEB-INF/classes/webblowwebapp1/BlowDesignServlet

2. u mentioned that i should put my servlet class files in the
WEB-INF/classes... i built my WebApplication in JBuilder so it actually
doesn't have this structure but rather
C:\WebBlowWebApp1\classes\webblowwebapp1\servlet.class - is this ok or
should i manually change the structure?  (but then i notice that once my WAR
file generated by JBuilder is put into tomcat/webapp, my class file is in
WebBlow1(name of my application to be
deployed)/WEB-INF/classes/webblowwebapp1(name of webApplication i built in
jbuilder)/servletname.   is this correct?

3. does this web.xml file look correct?
---
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">

<web-app>

<servlet>

<servlet-name>blowdesignservlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>webblowwebapp1.BlowDesignServlet</servlet-class>

</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>blowdesignservlet</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>/blowdesignservlet</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

----

my servlet.java is located C:\WebBlowWebApp1\src\webblowwebapp1.

thank you so very very much - i'm very new at this and i really appreciate
the help!

cheers,
~Kayley~