Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/01 14:07:05 UTC

Re: URLStreamHandlerProxy.setURL may not set query component correctly

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Sahoo <Sa...@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> org.apache.felix.framework.URLStreamHandlerProxy has following methods:
>
>   public void setURL(
>       URL url, String protocol, String host, int port, String authority,
>       String userInfo, String path, String query, String ref)
>   {
>       super.setURL(url, protocol, host, port, authority, userInfo, path,
> query, ref);
>   }
>
>   public void setURL(
>       URL url, String protocol, String host, int port, String file, String
> ref)
>   {
>       super.setURL(url, protocol, host, port, null, null, file, null, ref);
>   }
>

> There appears to be a *bug* in the latter method. It passes "file" as
> "path." Should file not be brone into path and query components which would
> have automatically happened if
> super.setURL(url, protocol, host, port, file, ref) been called? Any
> comments? I have not done any testing, just concluding based on code
> inspection.

I agree, looks like a bug. It is not as bad as the path can be the
file as well but if you would call getQuery() on the resulting url it
will return null i think (even if you had a query). Could you create a
jira for this?

Thanks and regards,

Karl

--