Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Yang <te...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/14 22:16:23 UTC

incremental backup and Priam?

in the initial incremental backup implementation,
the hardlinking to the backup dir was in the CFS.addSSTable()  code, so
it's part of the Cassandra code.

I looked at Priam,
https://github.com/Netflix/Priam/blob/master/priam/src/main/java/com/netflix/priam/backup/IncrementalBackup.java

this code pretty much does the same thing as the original addSSTable()
incremental backup .
so the Priam backup code operates outside of Cassandra write path?
any insight into why this approach was chosen instead of using the
incremental backup provided by Cassandra?

thanks
Yang

Re: incremental backup and Priam?

Posted by Yang <te...@gmail.com>.
ah... my bad, thanks for the explanation!

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.