Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Haresh Gujarathi <gh...@pn2.vsnl.net.in> on 2002/02/14 07:34:01 UTC

Unusual Problem: I can fetch the actual JSP files from server to client

Hi,
I have an unusual problem;
I have a following html file which displays frames in the browser window.

index.html ....
<!-- frames -->
<frameset rows="50%,*">
<frame name="1" src="top.html" marginwidth="10" marginheight="10"
scrolling="auto" frameborder="0">
<frame name="2" src="welcome.jsp" marginwidth="10" marginheight="10"
scrolling="auto" frameborder="0">
</frameset>
</frameset>

I am using Apache Web server v1.3.12 and tomcat v3.2.1
when I click on http://www.mysite.com/index.html
the frames get displayed and the html corresponding to welcome.jsp gets
rendered in the frames.

Then I select File Menu - Save As menu. To save the html file. The browser
saves the index.html, and also it saves the actual welcome.jsp (from the
server) on the local file system.

What can be the reason of it fetching the actual welcome.jsp from server to
client and saving it?

Am I missing some setting to be done at apache or tomcat?

-- haresh

Re: Unusual Problem: I can fetch the actual JSP files from server to client

Posted by "Kevin M. Shortt" <sh...@cgicafe.com>.

> I am using Apache Web server v1.3.12 and tomcat v3.2.1
> when I click on http://www.mysite.com/index.html
> the frames get displayed and the html corresponding to welcome.jsp gets
> rendered in the frames.
>
> Then I select File Menu - Save As menu. To save the html file. The browser
> saves the index.html, and also it saves the actual welcome.jsp (from the
> server) on the local file system.
>
> What can be the reason of it fetching the actual welcome.jsp from server to
> client and saving it?

I have a similar setup as yours.

After you saved them did you view the contents with wordpad or such?

I did. What I found in my index.jsp was HTML. As if I did a view source
with my browser. I am surprised if you have actually gotten JSP code.

Let us know..am curious.

-k