Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by BAO RuiXian <ru...@pp.inet.fi> on 2004/01/22 23:11:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: [PHP] Apache 1.3/PHP

Tom Ray [List] wrote:

>[snip]...
>
><?php
>print "Test 123";
>?>
>
>I'm sure I'm missing a line or two in my httpd.conf, but I really don't know what they would be. Anyone with experience
>with FreeBSD/Apache/PHP give me a hand?

Do you have the following line in your httpd.conf:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Best

Bao

Re: [users@httpd] Re: [PHP] Apache 1.3/PHP

Posted by BAO RuiXian <ru...@pp.inet.fi>.

Tom Ray [List] wrote:

>[snip...]
>    <IfModule mod_php4.c>
>        AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>        AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>    </IfModule>
>
>        AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .php3s
>    </IfModule>

Seems you have two '</IfModule>'s in continuation. Did you restart your
appache server and did not get a complaint?

>    <IfModule mod_php4.c>
>        AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>        AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>    </IfModule>

Also here, you have repeated the <IfModule mod_php4.c> pair. So, somehow
your httpd.conf is messed up.

>I added the AddType line outside of that and it's still not working. Thanks for the suggestion, please if you have any
>others I would love to know. I'm going to need to build a couple more FreeBSD boxes soon, and I want to have those go a
>little smoother :)

Also, I noticed in your original mail that you installed php as CGI not
as module, have you tried to put your testing php file to the CGI
directory after adding .php as a CGI extension?

BTW, you are cross posting, but it seems your question is closely
related to the both lists.

Best

Bao

Posted by "Tom Ray [List]" <li...@blazestudios.com>.
As far as AddType goes for PHP this is what I have:

    <IfModule mod_php3.c>
        AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3