Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2011/05/21 21:41:35 UTC

Re: Why the filter test (really) fails

On 21.05.2011 16:52, Rainer Jung wrote:
> The filter test t/modules/filter.t fails, because mod_case_filter must
> be enabled using "CaseFilter On" in t/conf/extra.conf.in.
>
> Unfortunately that directive is only per server. Since the module is
> shipped with httpd (as experimental) the only quick fix is adding
> another vhost in the test config for this test.
>
> The other test where mod_case_filter is involved is t/apache/pr17629.t,
> which does not fail, because it checks for the case filter to get
> automatically removed, which is true because it wasn't enabled in the
> first place :)
>
> On the long term it makes sense to add per directory enablement to
> mod_case_filter.

Sorry, garbage.

Explanation attempt number 2, now based on added debug output:

mod_filter does not get the response output headers, if the request is
handled by a CGI. The headers are in err_headers_out, but not in
headers_out. Thus any attempt to match via resp=... must fail. But
that's what is tested in the failing test case.

If I reverse proxy the request and run the CGI on the origin server, the
headers are there and the test succeeds.

Is this a known bug? Should I open an issue?

Regards,

Rainer

Re: Why the filter test (really) fails

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 21.05.2011 21:41, Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 21.05.2011 16:52, Rainer Jung wrote:
> mod_filter does not get the response output headers, if the request is
> handled by a CGI. The headers are in err_headers_out, but not in
> headers_out. Thus any attempt to match via resp=... must fail. But
> that's what is tested in the failing test case.
>
> If I reverse proxy the request and run the CGI on the origin server, the
> headers are there and the test succeeds.
>
> Is this a known bug? Should I open an issue?

... and it is only a problem for 2.2.x. For 2.3 Joe enhanced the
expression parser in r1090234 to also look at err_headers_out. So for
trunk it works and it seems the problem was well know.

Rainer