Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Sebastian Bazley <Se...@london.sema.slb.com> on 2003/12/07 22:49:15 UTC

JMeter Testing

I've updated the JMeter Wiki with some information on Testing:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JMeterTesting

It is early days yet, but it is now possible to test some classes independently.
For example, JMeterTests will run independently.
Other tests may need to be updated to extend JMeterTestCase instead of TestCase before they will run.

==

Some package tests (e.g. resources) require that the tests are run in a specific order.
JUnit does not sort the test cases by name. The order is likely to vary between JVMs (or even from run to run).
One way round this is to provide a suite() method. This works fine when a single class is run directly from JUnit.

However, it appears that JUnit does not look for the suite() method when it is provided with a classname - it only looks for
test.... methods

So I added a check to the JMeter AllTests() class to look for a method called suite() and use that if found.
Otherwise, it adds the classname as before.

[I originally added code to look for makeSuite() *after*  trying to add the classname, but on reflection (haha!) this did not seem
like a good idea.]

S.