Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com> on 2006/01/10 19:53:19 UTC

Getting Exim to read SA MySQL AWL Database to reduce load

Has anyone tried to get Exim to read the MySQL database of SA? The
reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking that under load conditions Exim
could read the AWL database and bypass SA on matches with very high
scores (just rejecting them) and messages with very low scores (just
accepting them bypassing SA). The idea is to give overloaded servers
better performance during "rush hour" and let the learner work when
things are slower.

Anyone done this?

--
Marc Perkel - marc@perkel.com

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
    My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com

Re: Getting Exim to read SA MySQL AWL Database to reduce load

Posted by Stefan Hornburg <ra...@linuxia.de>.
Marc Perkel wrote:
> Has anyone tried to get Exim to read the MySQL database of SA? The
> reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking that under load conditions Exim
> could read the AWL database and bypass SA on matches with very high
> scores (just rejecting them) and messages with very low scores (just
> accepting them bypassing SA). The idea is to give overloaded servers
> better performance during "rush hour" and let the learner work when
> things are slower.
>
> Anyone done this?

I didn't, but Exim can evaluate pretty much any MySQL statement.

Bye
	Racke