Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by plen <pe...@earthlink.net> on 2009/02/12 05:07:12 UTC

Struts2 - filterStart error on startup due to class package change

Hello,

I am new to struts2 and took the blank WAR which comes with the
example.HelloWorld example and started to modify it.

My struts.xml was originally defined (and working) like:

<struts>
   <package name="optic" extends="struts-default">
     <action name="HelloWorld" class="example.HelloWorld">
            <result name="success">/example/HelloWorld.jsp</result>
      </action>
   </package>
</struts>

When I changed the package of the HelloWorld class to something else (ex.
test.HelloWorld) and then changed the struts.xml like:

   <action name="HelloWorld" class="test.HelloWorld">

I get a SEVERE failure when starting Tomcat (6.0.16) with the message "Error
filterStart" when it parses the struts.xml.  For some reason, there is no
problem when I use example.HelloWorld but any other package name will cause
the error.  Whenever I change the package name for the class, I recompile
and make sure I have the class in the right folder structure.  I can't find
any other file which references "example" that would make that a valid
package name while all others fail.

Any clues?

Thanks - Peter Len

Re: Struts2 - filterStart error on startup due to class package change

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
plen wrote:
> Still not quite sure how it happened but the issue (like others for this
> error) dealt with a problem in the struts.xml.  I was modifying a struts.xml
> but it was not the one in the classes directory.  In any case, I no longer
> get the error.

In the future please post questions like this to the struts-user list;
struts-dev is for the development of Struts itself.

http://struts.apache.org/mail.html

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Struts2 - filterStart error on startup due to class package change