Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Nimish Parmar <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/19 16:27:27 UTC

Invalid UTF-8 sequence

Hello,

I am a subversion newbie. When I try to import a directory
into my repository, I get the following error:

svn: Valid UTF-8 data
(hex: 62 75 74 74 6f 6e 2d)
followed by invalid UTF-8 sequence
(hex: e1 64 64 2d)

The directory contains multiple file types (html, gif, doc
etc.) and I am able to add all of them except for this one
particular subdirectory of gif files.

Can anyone please help me as to what this error might mean
and how to go about resolving it?

Thanks a lot.

-Nimish

Re: Invalid UTF-8 sequence

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Nimish Parmar <ni...@yahoo.com> writes:
> I am a subversion newbie. When I try to import a directory
> into my repository, I get the following error:
>
> svn: Valid UTF-8 data
> (hex: 62 75 74 74 6f 6e 2d)
> followed by invalid UTF-8 sequence
> (hex: e1 64 64 2d)
>
> The directory contains multiple file types (html, gif, doc
> etc.) and I am able to add all of them except for this one
> particular subdirectory of gif files.
>
> Can anyone please help me as to what this error might mean
> and how to go about resolving it?
>
> Thanks a lot.

You should tell us the exact commandline you ran, and the environment
you ran it in.  See http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/BUGS for
more about how to report a problem you're having.

In this case, it's probably your locale.  I don't know much about
solving that, but someone else here might.

-K