Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Richard Clark <rd...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/13 18:22:51 UTC

T4: Misplaced resource bundle

Hi all,

I've inherited a project where the resource bundle is in
WEB-INF/classes (T4 expects it in WEB-INF) and the localized messages
aren't being found (I get[key.name] instead.)

I have to leave the resource bundle where it is to support some other
software. How do I configure Tapestry 4 to find it where it is? I took
a good stab at adding a property source to the
tapestry.props.ApplicationPropertySources configuration point, but it
didn't work.

Thanks,

 ...Richard (old hand at T3, but just coming up on the finer points of
T4 and watching T5)

Re: T4: Misplaced resource bundle

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Richard,

You can use the "org.apache.tapestry.namespace-properties-name" meta
parameter to control the name of your properties file.

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/usersguide/configuration.html

I'm also pretty sure I made it search the classpath by default now as
well (something for AppFuse I think), but if it isn't searching in the
classpath by default in 4.1.2-SNAPSHOT I can certainly make it do that
easily enough. Seems like a good / intuitive thing to do.

On 3/13/07, Richard Clark <rd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've inherited a project where the resource bundle is in
> WEB-INF/classes (T4 expects it in WEB-INF) and the localized messages
> aren't being found (I get[key.name] instead.)
>
> I have to leave the resource bundle where it is to support some other
> software. How do I configure Tapestry 4 to find it where it is? I took
> a good stab at adding a property source to the
> tapestry.props.ApplicationPropertySources configuration point, but it
> didn't work.
>
> Thanks,
>
>  ...Richard (old hand at T3, but just coming up on the finer points of
> T4 and watching T5)

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer