Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/22 03:24:53 UTC

Updating ibiblio poms

Hi,

If I'd want to update some pom in ibiblio so transitive dependencies
work with M2, what should I do?
- update the maven1 pom with all the dependencies and wait till the m1
repo is converted to the m2 repo. This would generate a m2 pom with
more dependencies than needed.
- create the m2 pom with just direct dependencies. In this case will
it get overwritten when generating the m2 repo from m1 repo?

Thanks.

Re: Updating ibiblio poms

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@gmail.com>.
Ok, thanks

Re: Updating ibiblio poms

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Most such artifacts are just per request - if you make a complete upload
request with populated Maven 1.0 POMs and 3.0.1 JARs, we can upload them
into both repositories.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: Updating ibiblio poms

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <fo...@neonics.com>.
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Brett Porter wrote:

Who's managing the SWT pom's on ibiblio, for both maven1 and maven2?
It would be nice to at least have the dependencies present in the maven2
poms, since now i'm still stuck incorporating dependencies by hand..
and an update would be nice too - eclipse itself is on 3.0.1 whereas the
poms on the repository are still 3.0m8.

> Ah, I see. Is the project in question an m1 project? If so - definitely
> upload the original.
>
> It is probably just as worthwhile to upload a hand-written m1 pom rather
> than m2 if it is not built by Maven and let it be converted.
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> Carlos Sanchez wrote:
>
> >yes, that's what's happening, a dummy one is generated without any
> >dependencies, so should I upload a m1 pom with all dependencies, or
> >just the direct ones?
> >
> >On 4/21/05, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> >

> >>I thought the repository tool was adding dummy POMs where they didn't exist?
> >>
> >>Yes, there will be problems - but we can't cover it over, we need to be
> >>proactive to get the metadata polished up.
> >>
> >>- Brett

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com
GPG public key: http://www.gods.nl/~forge/kenneyw.key