Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/19 09:52:19 UTC

Announcing Spark 1.2!

I'm happy to announce the availability of Spark 1.2.0! Spark 1.2.0 is
the third release on the API-compatible 1.X line. It is Spark's
largest release ever, with contributions from 172 developers and more
than 1,000 commits!

This release brings operational and performance improvements in Spark
core including a new network transport subsytem designed for very
large shuffles. Spark SQL introduces an API for external data sources
along with Hive 13 support, dynamic partitioning, and the
fixed-precision decimal type. MLlib adds a new pipeline-oriented
package (spark.ml) for composing multiple algorithms. Spark Streaming
adds a Python API and a write ahead log for fault tolerance. Finally,
GraphX has graduated from alpha and introduces a stable API along with
performance improvements.

Visit the release notes [1] to read about the new features, or
download [2] the release today.

For errata in the contributions or release notes, please e-mail me
*directly* (not on-list).

Thanks to everyone involved in creating, testing, and documenting this release!

[1] http://spark.apache.org/releases/spark-release-1-2-0.html
[2] http://spark.apache.org/downloads.html

Re: Announcing Spark 1.2!

Posted by slcclimber <an...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations. This is quite exciting.

Re: Announcing Spark 1.2!

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for pointing out the tag issue. I've updated all links to point
to the correct tag (from the vote thread):

a428c446e23e628b746e0626cc02b7b3cadf588e

Re: Announcing Spark 1.2!

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.

Re: Re: Announcing Spark 1.2!

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
I can download it. Make sure you refresh the page, maybe, so that it
shows the 1.2.0 download as an option.

Re:Re: Announcing Spark 1.2!

Posted by "wyphao.2007" <wy...@163.com>.

Re: Announcing Spark 1.2!