Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Robert Dionne <bo...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/11 18:12:38 UTC

CouchDB tests

I've been writing some tests[1] in Erlang that measure the speed of
inserting, calculating views, etc.. and generally try to stress
CouchDB, motivated by some earlier threads on performance and a
desire to learn the internals better. My test are limited mostly by
my small machine and limits on how many sockets can be created in OS
X. I'm curious as to what the plans are, if any, for managing
resources like javascript processes, etc.

In any event I'll be writing many more tests as time permits, and
would be happy to test any specific use cases folks might have. I'm
using the runner module in ./test as it seems a good way to build a
harness that runs the javascript tests standalone and also run erlang
tests against the internals. I work for beer :)

Given this is sort of radical technology and not yet 1.0, I have to
say, very well done! You girls rock!

Cheers,

Bob

[1] http://github.com/bdionne/couchdb/tree/stress