Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Thomas Krogh <th...@upright.no> on 2001/11/09 16:35:50 UTC

Localhost problem

Hi

Im running (Apache httpserver 1.3.22/Tomcat 4.0.1/soap 2.2/jdk1.3.1_01) my first webservice, an XMethods sample app. Im receiving a fault from my localhost server as I start the java Client ("Exchange" (Exchange.class) is the service the server should invoke):

C:\soap_test>java Client
invoke service
  URL= http://localhost:8070/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
  URN= urn:soap_test:exchange
Fault= SOAP-ENV:Server.BadTargetObjectURI, Unable to resolve target object: Exchange.

In my CLASSPATH I have the directory of C:\soap_test along with other stuff. I am confused partly because if I add
<Context path="/soap" docBase="C:/soap-2_2/webapps/soap" reloadable="true"/>
to the server.xml I get a more sensible output, but then the Apache SOAP Admin doesn't work anymore. However, over the web everything works fine connecting to the XMethods server (without adding anything to server.xml). Its only my localhost installation not working.

Could anyone please help me out with this? Thanks in advance.
Thomas