Posted to user@struts.apache.org by O_Parthasarathy Kesavaraj <Pa...@PLANETASIA.COM> on 2003/07/03 06:33:20 UTC

form.submit problem

Hai
I am using struts to display the values fetched from the database.When the
user gives input values and clicks submit button(not html:button it is
<input type=button since html:buttton requires a property to be declared in
form-bean) i am calling a function where i am setting a value for a hidden
variable and calling document.formName.submit().It is showing an javascript
error that property or method not supported.What could be the problem?should
i use only html:button when i am using struts?Thanks in advance
Regards
Partha

Re: form.submit problem

Posted by Sergey Smirnov <si...@exadel.com>.
Javascript works on client side, So, it does not matter do you use
html:button or <input type=button... On client site html:button is present
as <input type=button
Open source for page and check that the form has 'formName' name.