Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James Manna <pe...@senet.com.au> on 2001/06/13 11:39:06 UTC

Windows 2000 problems with HttpSession

Hi All,

I  am having problmes with maintaing sessions on a win 2000 machine running
tomcat 3.2.1.
I seem to always get a  new session everytime.

We are only having this problme on some of our development machines.
A basic example servlet that returns html works fine on all machines and
maintains session state.

The full system uses an Applet, serialized objects, request dispatching and
forwarding, multiple servlets, DB backend etc. It works fine on some
machines and not on others. All machines are runnig Win 200 with the same
user, and environment variable setup etc

I access the session in the main servlet and access it after I forward it on
to other servlets.

Any one got even any remote thoughts?

We have investigated:
    - using windows machine name and IP instead of localhost:8080
    - variations in tomcat config
    - variations in source code
But no luck so far.

Regards