Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Reej Nayagam <re...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/17 08:05:29 UTC

Re: Solr Stop Port

Hi All,

I was able to set the stop port and everything was working fine.
Initial setup was to use SSL, now we need to turn off SSL and so we changed
all the configs in solr.in.cmd

when we stop the first instance in the server using the command solr stop
-p 3883, node 3883 goes down and 9883 is up and running - which is correct

Now  the issue is when both the nodes are up and when we issue the stop
command to stop instance 2 (9883) , instance 1 also stops.

command used : solr stop -p 9883

stops both 3883 and 9883

I commented out the stop_port = 6400 in solr.in.cmd, and now it works
perfectly.

so Kindly advise if  we need to configure the stop_port for each node  or
is it a different issue, or is it a cache or something that is happening
bcoz of the earlier ssl setup.

I cleared all the zk data folders and solr nodes having the replicas and
did a fresh setup of the nodes

*Thanks,*
*Reej*

Re: Help required in Solr Stop Port - resolved

Posted by Reej Nayagam <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

I managed to find the issue, since 2 instances are running in the same
server, both the instances were assigned the same stop_port that we have
defined in the solr.in.cmd file. while we were trying to bring one port
down, since the same stop_port was being shared by the other node too, both
came down. But not sure why we didn’t face this issue earlier, might be
because solr was shutdown properly and now, as solr was not shutdown
gracefully the jetty ports were used and that might have caused the issue.

Now based on the solr ports, manually assigned the stop_port in solr.cmd
file, and now different stop ports are assigned to the 2 different nodes.

*Thanks,*
*Reej*

Posted by Reej Nayagam <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,