Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Tambascio, Larry" <La...@imrm.com> on 2003/05/16 19:23:35 UTC

Junit task MIA, but pvcs task works fine

Greetings,

I have a number of JUnit tests that work nicely stand alone, and I thought I
should start to include these tests in the build.  The problem is that I get
the error "Could not create task of type: junit.", and it makes comments
about where to put the optional jar file.  The optional.jar file is in
${ANT_HOME}/lib, and after perusing the archives, I also put the junit jar
file in there too, to no avail.

Here's the target.  I am using version 1.4.1 of ant.

	<target name="test">
		<junit haltonfailure="on" printsummary="on">
			<classpath refid="class.path" />
			<formatter type="plain" />
			<test
name="com.ironmountain.digitalarchive.evaa.onboarding.OnBoardingSuite" />
		</junit>
	</target>

Just to be sure that the optional jar is THERE and usable, I stuck a PVCS
get in there, and that did work.  So the optional jar is where it should be
and usable.  I'm not sure what else to try at this point.

TIA!!

-Larry

Re: Junit task MIA, but pvcs task works fine

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Larry

here is a sample if what I had used.
Yes Junit.jar and optional.jar are on CLASSPATH beforehand

<target name="test-run" description="just runs the tests, nothing more">
<junit haltonfailure="no">

<classpath refid="classpath"/>
<batchtest fork="yes" todir="${reports}">
 <formatter type="xml"/>
 <fileset dir="${compile.outdir}">
    <include name="**/*TestCase.class"/>
    <exclude name="**/TestAll.class"/>