Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Olivier Lefevre <le...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/17 02:51:57 UTC

Object fields not restored

I am new to web services. One of the classes sent on the wire
is a custom one written by myself. I was forced to implement a
default constructor, otherwise I got

Caused by: java.lang.InstantiationException: MyClass
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.axis2.engine.DefaultObjectSupplier.getObject(DefaultObjectSupplier.java:27)
	... 26 more

However now I get (at a different point, while using the object
in question) an NPE which shows that the fields of the object
where not properly restored on the server side. What am I doing
wrong?

Thanks,

-- O.L.