Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <da...@prime.gushi.org> on 2012/06/19 07:04:26 UTC

[users@httpd] "Pretty" welcome page for versions of apache > 1.3?

Hey all,

I recognize that there are reasons for having the default welcome page be
the simple, boring "It Works!" (not wanting to expose version or type of
running software), but I kind of miss the old pages with the logos.  The
geek in me wants to proudly announce what I'm using.

Is there some kind of "nice" welcome page bundled with apache 2.2?  (Even
if it's buried in the source tree and not built by default?)

-Dan

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 1:04 AM, Dan Mahoney, System Admin <
danm@prime.gushi.org> wrote:

> I recognize that there are reasons for having the default welcome page be
> the simple, boring "It Works!" (not wanting to expose version or type of
> running software), but I kind of miss the old pages with the logos.  The
> geek in me wants to proudly announce what I'm using.
>
> Is there some kind of "nice" welcome page bundled with apache 2.2?  (Even
> if it's buried in the source tree and not built by default?)

You could use the old one:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/docroot/index.html.en?view=markup&pathrev=105392

Here is the Fedora Core page (similar to the one from RedHat):
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=httpd.git;a=blob;f=index.html;h=5dfe52d197de662aa9176cda86c0bc84327281bf;hb=HEAD

- Y