Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Vieri <re...@yahoo.com> on 2019/04/21 08:18:58 UTC

rdp support with freerdp 1

Hi,

I'm aware that guacamole-server does not support freerdp 2 yet, and that it's hard to say when it will.

However, I believe that it supports freerdp v. 1.

I downloaded and installed freerdp 1.2.1, and guacamole's configure script detected freerdp. However, compilattion failed with:

rdp_svc.h:25:10: fatal error: freerdp/utils/svc_plugin.h: No such file or directory

Which version of freerdp 1 does guacamole-server 1.0.0 actually support?
Could anyone please send me a link to the freerdp's source tarball?

Thanks,

Vieri

Re: rdp support with freerdp 1

Posted by Vieri <re...@yahoo.com>.
 On Tuesday, April 23, 2019, 9:04:29 AM GMT+2, Vieri <re...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Before I try to disable NLA on this server, I'd like to know if it's a known problem, or if RDP servers above a given version are still unsupported, or if some security modes are known to fail.

I don't know what happened, but I logged into the Windows Server with a Windows RDP client and then the RDP connection through Guacamole started working too (with NLA). I don't know why exactly, but I can't reproduce the error anymore...

Posted by Vieri <re...@yahoo.com>.

Hi,

On Sunday, April 21, 2019, 2:18:58 PM GMT+2, Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> wrote:

> Guacamole supports all FreeRDP releases from 1.0.1 onward, with the exception of the 2.0.0 release candidates that are not yet supported. This means essentially all 1.x tags in the FreeRDP git repository. We also
> track the stable-1.0 and stable-1.1 branches.

Thanks for that info. I finally got it working, and could successfully connect with several modules, including RDP.

I now have freerdp 1.1.0 beta1 from 20150312, and my distro is Gentoo.

Connections are OK with Windows Servers 2003 and the default rdp security mode.
However, I'm having issues with Windows Server 2012.
I tried using all the security options (rdp, any, tls, nla), but they all fail with the following error:

connected to 10.215.144.50:3389
recv: Connection reset by peer
Error: protocol security negotiation or connection failure
guacd[8382]: ERROR:     Error connecting to RDP server

I even tried specifying NLA with all the extra settings such as username, password, domain.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Apr 21, 2019, 01:19 Vieri <re...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm aware that guacamole-server does not support freerdp 2 yet, and that
> it's hard to say when it will.
>
> However, I believe that it supports freerdp v. 1.

Generally, yes, this is currently true, however the statement is
incorrectly broad. There is no single FreeRDP 1.x API that can be
supported. Every FreeRDP release has a different API, regardless of
similarity in version numbering.

The intent is that all FreeRDP releases from 1.0.1 onward are supported.
The 2.0.0 release candidates are currently an exception to this.

> I downloaded and installed freerdp 1.2.1, and guacamole's configure script
> detected freerdp.

FreeRDP has no such release.

https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/releases

If your distribution includes a package with this version number, it is
most likely their own build from some point in FreeRDP's git history, not
an actual release.

However, compilattion failed with:

> rdp_svc.h:25:10: fatal error: freerdp/utils/svc_plugin.h: No such file or
> directory

Removal of this header and the support it provided is one of the major API
changes that need to be taken into account for supporting the 2.0.0 release
candidates.

> Which version of freerdp 1 does guacamole-server 1.0.0 actually support?

Guacamole supports all FreeRDP releases from 1.0.1 onward, with the
exception of the 2.0.0 release candidates that are not yet supported. This
means essentially all 1.x tags in the FreeRDP git repository. We also track
the stable-1.0 and stable-1.1 branches.

We have a CI build which verifies things against builds of FreeRDP from at
least the following git tags/branches:

* 1.0.1
* 1.0.2
* stable-1.0