Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/05 17:26:31 UTC

How to get a meta-data complete ejb-jar.xml from an EJB jar?

I am currently working on an Admin Console wizard to auto-generate
openejb-jar.xml http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3432 and one
problem where I am currently stuck is "given an EJB jar how do I get it's
meta-data complete ejb-jar.xml?"

I have some code in "Plan Creator" portlet of Admin Console which can
process a web-app and provide it's meta-data complete web.xml.
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg47965.html shows this
code and how it was developed. This code is however insufficient for
discovering EJB annotations. Tim told on irc
http://servlet.uwyn.com/drone/log/bevinbot/geronimo/20071205 that for EJBs a
lot of the annotation processing is done in openejb side -- not geronimo.

Any further hints/help?

Shiva

Re: How to get a meta-data complete ejb-jar.xml from an EJB jar?

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the hints Jon.

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@jrg.me.uk>.
Shiva,

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Dec 5, 2007, at 8:26 AM, Shiva Kumar H R wrote:

> I am currently working on an Admin Console wizard to auto-generate
> openejb-jar.xml http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3432
> and one problem where I am currently stuck is "given an EJB jar how
> do I get it's meta-data complete ejb-jar.xml?"
>
> I have some code in "Plan Creator" portlet of Admin Console which
> can process a web-app and provide it's meta-data complete web.xml. http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg47965.html
>  shows this code and how it was developed. This code is however
> insufficient for discovering EJB annotations. Tim told on irc http://servlet.uwyn.com/drone/log/bevinbot/geronimo/20071205
>  that for EJBs a lot of the annotation processing is done in openejb
> side -- not geronimo.
>
> Any further hints/help?

The metadata complete tree is available in the EjbModule object
created by the builders.  You'd want
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModule.getSpecDD()

-David