Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Sahoo <sa...@oracle.com> on 2011/02/07 16:50:29 UTC

maven-bundle-plugin > 2.1.0 does not generate version in Export-Package

After upgrading to 2.2.0 as well as 2.3.4 versions of the plugin, I
don't see any version attribute in exported packages unless I explicitly
specify the version in the plugin configuration. This seems like  a
serious regression to me.

Sahoo

Re: maven-bundle-plugin > 2.1.0 does not generate version in Export-Package

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Am Montag, den 07.02.2011, 18:22 +0000 schrieb Sahoo:
> On Monday 07 February 2011 11:00 PM, Stuart McCulloch wrote:
> >
> >> Since I can't use Export-Package: ...; version=${project.version}, is there
> >> a variable/macro available to get the old behavior?
> >>

> > <Export-Package>{local-packages};version="${project.version}"</Export-Package>
> >

> I didn't know I could actually use ${project.version}. Is this a recent
> change in the plugin that it converts maven version to OSGi version?
> Anyway, the suggestion worked.

This has long been implemented in the bundle plugin (there is an
version-osgi-fier).

What you also could do is to add packageinfo files listing the exported
package's version. This is interpreted by the bnd library if present and
valid.

I wonder, whether other attributes and/or directives for an exported
package could also be listed there ? (sorry for hijacking).

Regards
Felix

Posted by Sahoo <sa...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 7 February 2011 16:59, Sahoo <sa...@oracle.com> wrote:

> On Monday 07 February 2011 10:10 PM, Stuart McCulloch wrote:
>
>> On 7 February 2011 15:50, Sahoo<sa...@oracle.com>  wrote:
>>

>>> After upgrading to 2.2.0 as well as 2.3.4 versions of the plugin, I don't
>>> see any version attribute in exported packages unless I explicitly
>>> specify
>>> the version in the plugin configuration. This seems like  a serious
>>> regression to me.
>>>

>> You'll need to provide more information - such as the plugin goal you're
>> using, etc.
>>

> Yes, I am using manifest goal. Sorry, I have not been paying attention to
> the discussion. I didn't realize we would actually break existing users so
> badly.
>
>  Note that there was a change to the manifest goal introduced by the bnd
>> upgrade that was discussed on JIRA and on the dev list:
>>
>>    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2176
>>
>> Specifically the PackageVersionAnalyzer class that provides a default
>> version was removed - see also the ongoing discussion:
>>
>>    http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@felix.apache.org/msg19938.html
>>
>>    and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2194
>>
>> which aim to resolve what the default manifest should look like (now
>> the PackageVersionAnalyzer inconsistency is removed)
>>

> Since I can't use Export-Package: ...; version=${project.version}, is there
> a variable/macro available to get the old behavior?

<Export-Package>{local-packages};version="${project.version}"</Export-Package>

is probably what you want - you'll need to run the manifest after the
compilation phase because it now scans the output directory for the packages
instead of the source directory (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2808)

Thanks,

--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: maven-bundle-plugin > 2.1.0 does not generate version in Export-Package

Posted by Sahoo <sa...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.