Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Robert <ro...@robert.cz> on 2000/05/25 09:49:36 UTC

EmbperlObject offline usage

Hi,

 EmbperlObject is quite cool, but it doesn't seem to support offline
mode. Is there some workaround for it or is it planned for some later
beta? I use sometime Embperl as a great offline converter, but I have to
include headers/footers manually through Execute in every Embperl file -
it would be really cool if I could use EmbperlObject templating facility
(base.html with Execute *) for it instead.

- Robert

Re: EmbperlObject offline usage

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

>  EmbperlObject is quite cool, but it doesn't seem to support offline
> mode. Is there some workaround for it or is it planned for some later
> beta? I use sometime Embperl as a great offline converter, but I have to
> include headers/footers manually through Execute in every Embperl file -
> it would be really cool if I could use EmbperlObject templating facility
> (base.html with Execute *) for it instead.

Currently EmbperlObject is tied to mod_perl, but it shouldn't be too hard to
make it also usable offline. I put it on the todo list, but maybe you are
able to do it on your own if you take a look at EmbperlObject.pm. The main
point would be to pass the original filename in another way then via $r ->
notes ('EMBPERL_orgfilename')

Gerald