Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io> on 2012/11/02 14:45:33 UTC

SolrCloud indexing blocks if node is recovering

Hi,

We just tested indexing some million docs from Hadoop to a 10 node 2 rep SolrCloud cluster with this week's trunk. One of the nodes gave an OOM but indexing continued without interruption. When i restarted the node indexing stopped completely, the node tried to recover - which was unsuccessful. I restarted the node again but that wasn't very helpful either. Finally i decided to stop the node completely and see what happens - indexing resumed.

Why or how won't the other nodes accept incoming documents when one node behaves really bad? The dying node wasn't the node we were sending documents to and we are not using CloudSolrServer yet (see other thread). Is this known behavior? Is it a bug?

Thanks,
Markus

RE: SolrCloud indexing blocks if node is recovering

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Still trying to gather the logs

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.