Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2002/07/11 02:49:57 UTC

Sitemap parameters and configuration of pages

Hi all,

I've got a number of pages that render links and my application base is
subject to change.  I realize that one can set a link base in the
outputted html, but I'd rather configure it on some kind of site basis.
Is there some way to set a "global" parameter in the sitemap to pass to
all pipelines?  Or maybe a better way to do this.

For example:

   <map:match pattern="category/*/*.html">
    <map:aggregate element="page">
     <map:part src="cocoon:/itemlist/{1}.html?listid={2}"/>
     <map:part
src="cocoon:/catnav.xml?base=/cocoon/samples/bringmethis?parent=0"/>
     <map:part src="cocoon:/static/logo.xml"/>
     <map:part src="cocoon:/ads.xml?pageid=FRONTPAGE"/>
     <map:part
src="cocoon:/sitenav.xml?base=/cocoon/samples/bringmethis"/>
     <map:part src="cocoon:/search.html"/>
     <map:part src="cocoon:/jumpmenu.html"/>
    </map:aggregate>
<!--    <map:transform src="stylesheets/sidebar.xsl"/> -->
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/document2html.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>

only instead of ?base=/cocoon/samples/bringmethis I set that somewhere
in the sitemap, even if i have to pass it to every page that needs
links, that would be ok.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Andy
--
http://www.superlinksoftware.com - software solutions for business
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound Document in

RE: Sitemap parameters and configuration of pages

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Andrew C. Oliver [mailto:acoliver@apache.org]
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a number of pages that render links and my application base
is
> subject to change.  I realize that one can set a link base in the
> outputted html, but I'd rather configure it on some kind of site
basis.
> Is there some way to set a "global" parameter in the sitemap to pass
> all pipelines?  Or maybe a better way to do this.
>
> For example:
>
>    <map:match pattern="category/*/*.html">
>     <map:aggregate element="page">
>      <map:part src="cocoon:/itemlist/{1}.html?listid={2}"/>
>      <map:part
> src="cocoon:/catnav.xml?base=/cocoon/samples/bringmethis?parent=0"/>
>      <map:part src="cocoon:/static/logo.xml"/>
>      <map:part src="cocoon:/ads.xml?pageid=FRONTPAGE"/>
>      <map:part
> src="cocoon:/sitenav.xml?base=/cocoon/samples/bringmethis"/>
>      <map:part src="cocoon:/search.html"/>
>      <map:part src="cocoon:/jumpmenu.html"/>
>     </map:aggregate>
> <!--    <map:transform src="stylesheets/sidebar.xsl"/> -->
>     <map:transform src="stylesheets/document2html.xsl"/>
>     <map:serialize type="html"/>
>    </map:match>
>

> only instead of ?base=/cocoon/samples/bringmethis I set that somewhere
> in the sitemap, even if i have to pass it to every page that needs
> links, that would be ok.
>
> Thoughts?

I took a bit different approach: I do create only relative links, and
pass path to root to the stylesheet which generates links (this could be
done in specialized transformer):

<map:transform type="xslt" src="x.xsl">
  <map:parameter name="root" value="../../"/>

Vadim