Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Holmlund <ha...@excito.se> on 2006/09/08 19:04:36 UTC

Standalone Entity Engine

Hi,

I'm using entity engine as a component in another project. I haven't
made an upgraded for a couple of years, but when I'm doing it now I have
some problems. The Problem is probably some missing configuration files,
but I can't figure out which ones. Does anyone have a list of the files
and packages who are necessary for using entity engine as a standalone
product?
The entityengine.xml has changed a lot. Which transactionfactories are
supported?
This list doesn't make sense anymore:
http://lists.ofbiz.org/pipermail/dev/2003-February/000261.html

Many thanks,

Hans Holmlund

Re: Standalone Entity Engine

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
There is an old JOTM one in there, but before JOTM was removed it was
actually run through JNDI and just used the JNDI factory.

For most applications servers, if you're using one of course, they
have their own transaction manager with the JTA interface
implementations in JNDI, so if you're not using the "embedded" one,
then the JNDI factory is the most common.

-David

On Sep 13, 2006, at 5:22 AM, Hans Holmlund wrote:

> What other transaction factories exists, beside Geronimo? There is
> a JNDIFactory and a DumbFactory (not working??).
>
> / Hans
>
> David E Jones skrev:
>>
>> That's a good list, thanks for sending it out.
>>
>> The Entity Engine is certainly more complex and has more
>> dependencies on other libraries than it did in Feb 2003. It isn't
>> really more coupled with the rest of OFBiz those. The libraries
>> needed are mostly other open source projects.
>>
>> Note that depending on how things are configured in the
>> entityengine.xml file and what not some of these libraries are not
>> needed, like the geronimo stuff, the jencks jar, etc are not
>> needed if you don't use the geronimo transaction factory.
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On Sep 13, 2006, at 2:03 AM, Hans Holmlund wrote:
>>
>>> I figured out what was needed for a standalone version of
>>> EntityEngine (I think entity engine is more coupled with the rest
>>> of the project today then it was 4 years ago!?) and this was what
>>> I needed:
>>>
>>> The Source files in the framework/base-directory.
>>> Framwork/entity-directory.
>>> Framework/geronimo-directory
>>> specialized/minerva-directory (or ofbiz-minerva.jar)
>>>
>>> geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec-1.0.jar
>>> oswego-concurrent.jar
>>> junit.jar
>>> jdbm.jar
>>> javolution.jar
>>> icu4j_3_4.jar
>>> freemarker.jar
>>> avalon-util-exception-1.0.0.jar
>>> bsh.jar
>>> geronimo-j2ee-connector_1.5_spec-1.0.jar
>>> jencks-1.1.3.jar
>>> geronimo-transaction-1.0.jar

Posted by Hans Holmlund <ha...@excito.se>.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.